Take a lesson from seasoned pros like us. These modes of transport are NOT your best option…
1. Hitchhiking – Not only is it dangerous, but you could get trapped in the car for hours with mimes… or ‘80s sitcom stars.
2. Hot Air Balloon – Two words: “Balloon Boy.” It didn’t work for him, plus if you’ve seen “The Wizard of Oz,” you know how unwieldy these things can be…
3. Trunk of Your Friends’ Car – June in Nashville = hot. Plus how long can you really ride with a spare tire chafing your butt?
4. Camelback and/or Pack Mule – We enjoy dromedaries and donkeys as much as the next guy, but the trip ventured this way could take forever.
5. The Partridge Family Bus
– Sure you’re coming to Nashville to “get happy,” but for every cute Susan Dey there’s a freak like Danny Bonaduce. Just sayin’…
6. Teleportation – Some fans have ended up lost in the space-time continuum humming along to “Sincerely” by The McGuire Sisters.
7. Water Taxi – Bad option mainly because Nashville is, you know, inland and all…
8. Dog Sled – CMA Music Festival isn’t the Iditarod, though we do like the puppies.
9. Running – You want to save your strength to party in Nashville! (Plus, unless you’re Forrest Gump, you may run out of steam 10 or 20 miles into the journey…)
10. Hang Gliding – As fun as being a human kite may sound, one stiff wind could land you in Brazil…or Birmingham.
What are your favorite and least favorite ways to travel to CMA Fest? And, would you attempt any of these ill-advised methods? Let’s hear it!
To Follow Cory: www.Twitter.com/ChappedMan