“Just to See You Smile” – McGraw’s Return and History at CMA Fest

Attention Country Music fans! Some exciting news has been announced here at CMA this week. For the first time since 2001, Mr. Heartthrob himself, Tim McGraw, will be performing at the 2010 CMA Music Festival.

Tim McGraw made his Fan Fair debut in 1993.  He has made eight appearances in his career; 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, and 2001. I have found some highlights of his time with us.

1995: Tim performs Curb/MCG stage with the likes of Junior Brown and Hank Williams, Jr.

Tim McGraw at the 1995 Fan Fair... circa "I Like It, I Love It"

Tim McGraw at the 1995 Fan Fair... circa "I Like It, I Love It"

1997: Tim and Faith sing “It’s Your Love” in front of thousands of fans.

Tim and Faith being rediculously adorable at the 1997 Fan Fair.

Tim and Faith being adorable at the 1997 Fan Fair.

2000: Tim and Faith make a little girl’s dream come true.

Tim and Faith sign autographs together during the 2000 Fan Fair.

Tim and Faith sign autographs together during the 2000 Fan Fair.

2001: Tim surprises fans when he dropped by unannounced during his friend Kenny Chesney’s set.

Tim's most recent appearance during the festival... for now!

Tim's most recent appearance during the festival... for now!

I hope that everyone is as excited as I am that Tim will be performing this summer. So, go ahead and order your tickets. Come join us for CMA Music Fest 2010.

Have you seen Tim at one of his Fan Fair appearances? Are you as jazzed as we are that his ‘Southern Voice’ is back to rock the CMA Music Festival? Leave us some love in the comments!

This entry was posted in CMA Music Festival, Flashback and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to “Just to See You Smile” – McGraw’s Return and History at CMA Fest

1. Jake says:

great post, lindsey! i remember when tim surprised everybody with kenny back at the ’01 fan fair. that was pretty cool. lookin’ forward to the show this year, too! only 98 more days!

2. ben cinco says:

This is my first ever trip to the country music festival…and I’m not sure but I may be the first attendee from all the way in the Philippines. Country music has some great fans here but I don’t know of anyone who’s taken the pilgrimage to the Mecca of country music!

3. Angie says:

Great blog… I can’t wait for the festival this year. So excited to see Tim!

4. Jen says:

Yay! Can’t wait for tim…. Love the artists history posts I would love to see one on Shania

5. Shirl says:

I am so excited to hear that Tim will be performing! We have been coming to CMAfest for 3 years and this may be our last for a while. I have seen just about everyone I really wanted to see, but there were only a few people that we haven’t seen that I hoped would be there this year, and one of them is Tim. I also am hoping that Shania will start performing again by popping in, but I figure that is improbable until she records again. One can always dream…. And speaking of dreams, I can never get too much of Alan Jackson! This is going to be a great year!

6. Peter says:

Thanks for the post, it made me really excited to see Tim on stage! It’s hard to believe that it’s been 9 years since his last appearance. Hopefully the performance will be a memorable one!

7. Sherry says:

Love Tim McGraw since he first came out, have seen him 5 times and would see him more if he came closer to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada……best Entertainer, performer and all around great guy!

8. JANET BURKHARDT says:

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO NASHVILLE SINCE CMA WAS AT THE FAIRGROUNDS. I LOVE IT/!!! IT WILL BE GREAT TO SEE TIM AGAIN. I SAW THEM AT MADISON SQ.GARDEN. LAST YEAR I MET MY FAVORITE SINGER, WYNONNA, GOT HER AUTOGRAPH AND PICTURES WITH HER. I LOVE HER. I CAN’T WAIT TILL JUNE.

9. Thalia Costello says:

Great news about Tim performing!!! I have never gotten to see him live and will really enjoy this year’s line-up. Last year was my first year at the CMAs and it was well worth it. Will Faith Hill, Shania Twain or Jo Dee Messina be able to perform this year? I love Jo Dee Messina and I know that Tim helped her get her start into fame. I was lucky enough to see her 2 weeks ago at a very small venue where she performed, answered audience questions and took requests. It was by far the most intimant setting. I saw her on the Riverfront Stage last year – hopefully she can make it again this year. Let me know if any of these artists will be there. Thank you!!! :)

10. Ann says:

Just wondering how Tim is going to perform when June 11th he will be in KS, June 12th he will be in TX and June 13th he will be in OK. I would love to see him at fan fair. But the last time they had him on the lineup he didn’t come. Don’t want to buy tickets to see him and it not happen.

11. Susan Ross says:

Just went to first Tim McGraw concert. It was totally the best time of my life. Hope to get to go to CMA Fest. Tims music helped me to kick Hodgekin Lymphoma cancer last summer. Thank you so much. Your music is the best.

12. D>R says:

Ann,
    That would leave Tim performing on Thursday June 10th at LP Field….. which is what he is scheduled for!!

13. Kathy T says:

This is my second year….Bringing a friend this time… Looking forward to Tim, and many more years of CMA Fest