7 MILLION Country Fans ROCK ‘CMA Music Festival’ on ABC!

You know it’s a party when 7 MILLION of your closest friends show up!

Thanks to the fans who watched the 2011 “CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock” on ABC Sunday night!  Y’all helped Country Music have a BIG SHOWING to a national TV audience.  In fact, with 7 MILLION viewers, last night’s telecast earned ABC its most viewers in the time period in five years!  That’s 7 MILLION fans who relived the excitement we experienced here in Nashville back in June, 7 MILLION fans who caught amazing performances by the likes of Trace Adkins, Alabama, Lauren Alaina, Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, Dierks Bentley, Big & Rich, Luke Bryan, Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow, Sara Evans, Alan Jackson, Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Scotty McCreery, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Reba, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Josh Turner, Shania Twain, Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson and Zac Brown Band!

Here are some of our favorite tweets from friends during the show:

• @Opry: WOW @Lauren_Alaina w/ @MartinaMcBride & @ScottyMcCreery w/ @joshturnermusic together!
  • @GACtv: @taylorswift13 showing off some mad banjo skills on the CMA Music Fest: Country’s Night to Rock special on ABC tonight. #cmafest
  • @FollowCMT: I always want to go sit on a beach when I hear @ZacBrownBand. Who’s with me? #CMAfest
  • @JoeDonRooney: Thx so much to all you #CountryMusicFans for making #CMAfest such a #Success this year! #KeepOnRockin
  • @cmilove: I wish @kelly_clarkson would make a full country record. She’s got one of THE BEST voices in all of music. #cmafest
  • @adrianftaylor: love how @DierksBentley announced so many great artists #cmafest country music’s night to rock! CMA knows who the fave is to see! #Dierks
  • @LBTmusic: Loved singing with @rascalflatts on #cmafest… so cool.
  • @MusicRow: Country girls, are you shaking it? Luke Bryan sez so. #cmafest
  • @MartinaMcBride: Thanks 4 all the sweet comments re. One Night @ #CMAFest.
  • @manderho: Little Big Town makes everything sound that much better #CMAfest

So, what was your favorite performance or moment from the special?  We want to hear it.  Sound off below!

About Cory Chapman

@CountryMusic marketing exec. Animal lover. Social liberal. Half-marathoner. TV ratings tracker. Dig @BestBuy, @Target, @EW, travel, cruising, fitness & @Reba.
This entry was posted in CMA Music Festival, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to 7 MILLION Country Fans ROCK ‘CMA Music Festival’ on ABC!

1. tamela says:

When will it repeat?? I forgot to DVR!!

2. You say Lady Gaga, I say Lady Antebellum . You say Jason Derulo, I say Jason Aldean. You say T-Pain, I say T-Swift. You say Ke$ha, I say Kenny. You say Pitbull, I say Paisley. You say Justin Bieber, I say Justin Moore. 92% of people have turned to Hip Hop and Pop. If you are part of the 8% that stil listen to real music, copy and paste this status! I am proud to be a TRUE COUNTRY FAN. Every portion of the latest show shows what real music is all about.

3. So amazing! I really enjoyed Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Martina McBride, Josh & Scotty, & Reba’s performances! Fantastic job.

4. The CMA Muisc Festival 2011 Show was good, but they could have showed more of the people performing and the meet and greets with the event but overall the show was great and it will be awesome when i go to sometime in the next three years!!!!

5. The CMA Muisc Festival 2011 Show was good, but they could have showed more of the people performing and the meet and greets with the event but overall the show was great and it will be awesome when i go to sometime in the next three years!!!!

6. katie says:

I was wondering if there is a rerun, cause I miss it

7. Robin says:

Loved the show – gets me excited to go next year!! Would have also loved to see another song by Lady A!!!

8. The entire show was awesome, I really enjoyed watching the clip on Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery. Some day they may end up being big stars and it was nice to see their reactions to the fans during their visit to Nashville on their new journey.

9. Eileen Paton says:

Loved Taylor Swift and Brad with Alabama had me screaming (in a good way) and dancing. It doesn’t get better than that.

10. Jay Brinkman says:

The whole weekend at CMAFEST 20011 was AWESOME I was there this was my 4th year in a row & can’t wait till next year for CMAFEST 2012.

11. Louise Chappell says:

Wow, if I had to choose….Loved Brad! Loved Raskel Flats!! So many good performances. I only wish we could see more! How about making it a 2 NIGHT SPECIAL next year and giving us another 3 hours???????????????? Please – Don’t you think that is a FANTASTIC idea??? 7 million would have tuned in one more night for sure! Oh, I loved the AI newbees Lauren and Scottie, just fantastic. Martina….great! Blake!! OMG too many great moments!

12. Sara says:

I liked it all more so Blake Shelton

13. Charles says:

Entire show was great for what I saw, I had to shut it off towards the end. But by far the BEST was Taylor Swift’s performance.

14. Barbara says:

I thought they announced we could purchase the music from the festival on i tunes but could not find it there. Anyone have any luck with that?

15. Ron says:

Are the performances on itunes?

16. Ben Bennett says:

Had several questions about where you can download performances from the show on Sunday. The performances are NOT available for download anywhere BUT you can visit http://www.iTunes.com/cma for the official iTunes CMA Music Fest Store and download songs from all the artists that appeared on the show.

We are trying to work it out so that the performances are available for download in the future.

We appreciate everyone’s support of Country Music!

17. Ivan says:

Where can i find the songs played by each artist?
    like the set list….

• Ben Bennett says:

Hey Ivan. You can go to http://www.iTunes.com/cma for songs by the artists that performed. These aren’t the live performances but tracks from the artists albums. We don’t currently track Set Lists but have had a ton of requests for them. So we’ll look into adding those to the mix. I guess y’all just like seeing all the songs the artists played at each of their shows?

18. is the taped version for sale? I missed it on tv would buy a dvd..

19. Wayne says:

I like Pop and Rock music, and haven’t heard country music since the 1970s – 1980s. I saw a commercial for this, and thought it might be fun. It BLEW me AWAY! Before I knew it, the time just flew by! I had to use my headphones because it was too good to NOT blast this magical music! I had a stupid grin on my face ALL throughout those fantastic performances. I couldn’t take my eyes off the Screen! Man! I WISH I had a 50 inch screen JUST for this! I LOVE how the fans get into it! What an AWESOME event!

Thanks for tagging all the names above. Don’t have an I-Pod, so I’m gettin’ EVERYBODY’s latest CDs at WalMart or Target!

20. PAT says:

YOU NEED TO PUT GENE WATSON IN HALL OF FAME CHECK OUT GENEWATSONS VOTING FOR CMA HALL OF FAME

21. PAT says: