9 MILLION Country Fans Lit Up the Holidays with ‘CMA Country Christmas’

Nothing like “CMA Country Christmas” to put 9 MILLION awesome Country Music fans in the holiday spirit!

Thanks to all of the fans who tuned in to the 2011 CMA Country Christmas on ABC Thursday night! More than 9 MILLION fans watched Jennifer Nettles host this unforgettable night and were treated to amazing performances by Lauren Alaina, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Faith Hill, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Scotty McCreery, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, Darius Rucker, Brian Setzer, Sugarland, Keith Urban, and even Miss Piggy in a memorable duet with Vince Gill!

And thanks for everybody who chimed in with comments on Facebook and Twitter!  We love keeping up with everyone online!  Here are some of our favorite tweets during the show:

@brookehof How could anyone not love Jennifer Nettles? #CMAChristmas #talentfordays #bestpartofmynight

@LBTmusic @Lauren_Alaina, you did Amy Grant proud, girl! Kimberly #CMAChristmas

@martinamcbride This performance by Faith Hill is really powerful. So beautiful. #CMAChristmas

@EmmaAlaina Holy. 7 minutes in. RT @sara_weaver: Dang. #CMAChristmas is already #1 trending worldwide. That was fast.

@callmeparks Darius Rucker has the perfect voice to sing Walking in a Winter Wonderland #CMAChristmas

@CountryMashup@kherbert87: Miss Piggy wants to du-et with Vincent Gill #CMAChristmas” very funny line

@familymgrkendra Watching @Sugarland perform “Silent Night” on #CMAChristmas. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tell us your favorite performance!

This entry was posted in CMA Country Christmas and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to 9 MILLION Country Fans Lit Up the Holidays with ‘CMA Country Christmas’

1. shirley says:

cant wait

2. Jacqueline A says:

It was a great show. I just loved Faith Hill – Little Drummer Boy – my favorite song. All the artists were great.

3. Heather says:

I would say all of it was good! Job well-done to all artists who sang last night! Merry Christmas!

4. marcia johnson says:

Faith Hill did fabulous and it was my favorite of the night. All the performers did a superb job. Can’t wait for next year!

5. janie mangrum says:

did i miss it ..i hope not looks like a great show

6. margo says:

Vince gill and Keith Urban
    Loved Miss Piggy
    disappointed Keith not with family for xmas talk.

7. Maureen says:

Scotty McCreary, and and Jennifer Nettles singing Silent Night!

8. kim says:

Are they going to have it on again…I missed it :(

9. Ada Poland says:

My favorite was Faith Hill singing Little Drummer Boy, she brought me to tears. I do not think anyone could have preformed that song more meaningful than Faith Hill. God Bless you!!!

10. kay says:

Loved Scotty’s performance of the first Noel. Awesome job

11. Jess says:

Scotty Mcreery all the way I <3 him soooo much GO SCOTTY

12. Kayla says:

My favorite performance was SCOTTY MCCREERY! He is my deep voiced angel! That girl was so lucky before his performance. I met him during the American idol tour, but I want him to actually notice me. I have been a fan since DAY ONE. I love how powerful his pipes are! He is such a sweet guy. He is going to go far in country music! NOEL! I love him this big

13. Tricia says:

Loved Lauren Alaina’s version of “My Grown Up Christmas List” …really love that girl’s voice!

14. SIDNEY CAMPBELL says:

Enjoyed the whole show from start to finish!!!!!!!! Thank you…..Thank you…….

15. Deb says:

While my family and I enjoyed all of the performances, we were particularly touched by Scotty McCreery’s beautiful rendition of The First Noel — what a voice (and persona)!

16. Dru says:

Faith Hill and Martina……….AWSOME.

17. nancy Maiden says:

Loved the show everone was great. Good to see good country music. Should have envited Hank Jr.

18. Loved the entire show but Scotty McCreery’s “The First Noel” was my favorite.

19. Louise says:

Keith Urban — beyond awesome. He sang with such conviction and sincerity. Even with his voice problems, he sang superb. Keith always rises to the occasion.

20. Normajean says:

Little Big Town’s two songs…..loved the rockin Christmas song with Keith Urban but really loved Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

21. Joy says:

Keith Urban was wonderful, in spite of his injured vocal cord! “The Christmas Song” was warm, mellow-sounding, and loving…. just like Keith! He’s right… his version of the song was like being cuddled-up next to a toasty fire!

22. June Bug says:

Quite a show and the only Christmas special that has feeling.

The other networks should follow their lead and make more program like this.

Also glad to see that they were renewed for the next decade unless I’m mistaken.